European Youth Card / Student Card
What is the European Youth Card
The European Youth Card is issued in Cyprus by the Youth Board to young people of Cyprus aged 13 to 30 years at a price of 10 euros and is valid for 1 year.
The European Youth Card Association (EYCA) acts as coordinator between countries issuing the Card on a European level www.eyca.org
Holders of the European Youth Card have access to over 100,000 enterprises both in Cyprus and in Europe. Benefits and discounts are offered by outlets selling a variety of products, e.g. sports items, health and beauty and clothes & shoes, as well as by cafeterias, restaurants and hotels; the Card can also be used for services, tickets for events, theatrical performances and music concerts, in bookshops, consultative/educational centres etc. in some 40 countries across Europe.
In addition, our Card at regular intervals offers generous gifts to its holders (e.g. tablets, smartphones, laptops) through competitions we provide on Social Media Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
What is the Student Card
In addition, the Youth Board of Cyprus, in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Culture, undertakes to issue the Student Card FREE OF CHARGE, which is connected to the European Youth Card and provides the corresponding benefits. Moreover, Student Card holders enjoy additional benefits, such as for instance a discount (50%) on buses in Cyprus, and more.
The Student Card is granted to all students of accredited and certified Higher Education study courses in Cyprus, as well as to young Cypriots studying abroad (between 13 to 30 years old).
Benefits for Businesses
Why should a company cooperate with the Card?
A company cooperating with the Card
(a) instantly gains access to a considerable section of Cypriot youth (the number of Card holders in Cyprus is estimated at approximately 30,000 persons) while at the same time
(b) it becomes known on a European level.
(c) the company profile is upgraded in the eyes of young people (becoming more youth friendly) and
(d) the corporate social responsibility of the company is enhanced.
(e) signing of a Cooperation Agreement with the Youth Board of Cyprus, is cost-free (free of charge), and adds up to the future of the Youth.
How does a Company benefit from possible cooperation?
- Upon execution of the Contract, Card holders are immediately informed about the new cooperation agreement and the ensuing benefits to them.
- The benefits of the agreement are immediately published in the list of benefits applicable to the whole of Cyprus and posted on our website (europeanyouthcard.onek.org.cy.), as well as on the website of the European Youth Card Federation (www.eyca.org).
- Relevant announcements are published at regular intervals (3-4 times annually) on the ONEK website and in the Social Media Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) of the Card featuring any material required by the Associate (e.g. photographs, posters, videos, links to their website, etc.).
- Information newsletters are sent to all Card Holders every month, in which any new products/services by the Associate are mentioned along with news concerning the programme as such.
- Included are also the benefits of the agreement to the mobile application of EYCA, which features the exact contact details, information and maps for each branch cooperating within the programme throughout Europe. The mobile application is already available at the App Store and Play Store and functioning normally in Cyprus as well.
- A cooperating Company enjoys promotional display and participates in various events and other ONEK activities.
What responsibilities does a cooperating company assume?
- A cooperating company undertakes the responsibility of providing the European Youth Card Holders the agreed discount/benefit, as it will be agreed in writing in the relevant Contract to be signed with the Youth Board.
- A cooperating company also undertakes to prominently display in its branch(es) the relevant self-adhesive logo of the Card that will be supplied by the Youth Board, so as to make it easier for the Card Holders1 to locate.
This Contract is binding on both Contracting Parties. Any of the parties wishing to terminate the cooperation shall have to do so by giving a month’s notice to the other party in writing.
Cooperation Agreement with European Youth Card